Friday, January 09, 2009

Maltese experiments in design/item selection phase

Andy is programming up a storm. It's really challenging to splice strings out of a multidimensional array when the results have to be evenly distributed across four verbal classes, while at the same time counterbalancing by root for three priming conditions and avoiding phonological identity and similarity among prime-target pairs. Oh, and all target words are in the 20% or higher bin based on our word familiarity study. He's really close to getting it done, but he does leave tomorrow on a trip and so I feel nervous/high-strung about getting this all finished before he departs. I am finding myself working hard to process the balance between my awe at his ability to program and the stress of a looming deadline. To be worried is classic me, though, so I am pretty used to this type of situation.

In the meantime, we're going out this afternoon to enjoy some sights around Malta, and will finish off the day with dinner with Ray and his family this evening in Mdina. That should be really wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home