Saturday, October 15, 2005

Phonology course materials

For a long time, I've wished phonologists of the world could unite via some computerized database of problem sets and the like for use in course materials. I'm not alone in having this desideratum: check out this useful posting on phonoloblog.

I imagine linguists in other sub-areas (phonetics, syntax, etc.) would find something like this useful if it existed in their fields, too. In my phonology classes, I use a workbook developed by the kind folks at the UC Santa Cruz linguistics department, which contains a wealth of problems as well as many reference-type materials. Something like this could be a proto-version of the phonology problem set database of the future, perhaps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And while you're at it, you can post the answers! :)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home